Flea bombs or foggers are an effective way to control fleas in homes. Due to the chemicals that remain after use, people should only use it in a extreme circumstance. A flea fogger is a small aerosol canister that contains insecticide. To use this flea product, simple release one of them in each regular sized room to kill the fleas. Make sure to leave the house while bombing for at least eight hours.
- Flea bombs/foggers must not be used on pets.
- Foggers are highly flammable, so all electrical appliances should be turned off.
- Never inhale the gas.
- One single flea bomb per room.
- All exposed food should be left in a cupboard. Never use a bomb in a cupboard.
Steps on how to use a fogger before, during and after:
- Vacuum the house.
- Turn all electrical appliances off.
- Shut all windows.
- Read the back label instructions carefully.
- Lay a sheet of newspaper in the middle of the room and place one of the canisters on it. Don’t deploy the fogger until all of them are in place in other areas of the house.
- Shake the flea bomb well. Firmly push the top of each flea bomb to start the fogging process. Make sure you push the release valve properly so that it clips.
- After the 8 hours, open all the windows and doors and letting the place air out for an hour or so before bringing pets, etc. back inside. Once you have turned the power back on, you can also use an aircon or fans to speed up the process.
- Vacuum all your carpets. This time however, it’s to remove any dead fleas, eggs and other nasty remnants of the flea infestation.